kribban: (Default)
I uploaded my 15 years of LJ entries to this journal. I'm really hesitant to leave, because all the people I know and all the communities I follow are on LJ. But I figured better safe than sorry. I'll still be hanging out on LJ, because that's where I call home. 
kribban: (Default)
 -Is SPN trying to argue that children conceived in rape are inherently evil? ... Because nope.

-”Birthing this child will kill you” - LOL, Caesarean section, anyone? Now I want the season 12 hero to be an OB-GYN who saves both mom and kid. Someone write that fic, stat.
kribban: (claire novak)
Listening to the Crossroads guys tackle the episode made me it easier for me to articulate some of my very complicated feelings about ‘Ladies Drink Free’.

Like they say in the episode - you’re not doing a character any favors by bringing them into an episode that treats them poorly. The episode would have worked much better with someone who already was a werewolf like Garth, or Kate, as the purpose of the episode was to develop Mick Davies’ story.

Claire’s brief stint as a werewolf has no lasting effects on her character.
She is in exactly the same emotional place as she was last year. She has not progressed in hunting.

Had she been allowed to stay a werewolf; that would have drastically affected her and set up interesting future storylines. Imagine the possibilities: Claire trying to control the monster within her while secretly enjoying the power it gives her.

As it is she just served as filler in an episode that was really about someone else.

It’s also increasingly upsetting to me that the writers of Supernatural are ignoring everything that made Claire interesting as a character; her religious background, her hatred of the angels, her possession trauma, and are trying to turn her into a generic teen heroine.

Claire deserved Lily Sunder’s storyline.

(In my fantasies there's a Claire spin-off and Jeremy Carver writes it. He created her. He can treat her well.)
kribban: (claire novak)
Now that it's clear we're never going to get an examination of Claire's possession trauma in canon, I'm more pleased than ever that I wrote Save Yourself last year.

If you're interested in a case fic revolving around vessel consent issues and possessed children, read it. Or better yet, listen to the podfic version read by the talented Tenoko1 (who does a fabulous Cas-voice).
kribban: (claire novak)
How drunk am I? Very, very, very drunk.

In other news, my Evan Williams bourbon is very yummy.
kribban: (claire novak)
Just watched the Grimm series finale and it was the most anti-climactic thing EVER. It's like someone read the Harry Potter epilog and thought "That's so clever! Let's emulate that!" and completely missed the part where spelling everything out cheated the readers out of imagining their own futures for the characters.

I feel cheated. Like WHAT.

Spoilers )
kribban: (claire novak)
You have a younger sister whom you care for deeply. She's just been diagnosed with a chronic illness and is shocked and upset. She tells you she wants to kill herself.

You have friends with this illness. You know that it's possible to live a good and fulfilling life with this illness, and you know there's a good chance your sister will change her mind about suicide once the initial shock has subsided and she's had some more life experience.

She's offered a treatment that has an 89% chance of killing her, and an 11% chance of curing her of the totally manageable, completely compatible-with-life illness.

The obviously right thing to do is to refuse to give her the treatment and to help her adjust to the illness. And this is what Dean thinks too. But the narrative paints him as the bad guy for not respecting her choice; a choice that is stupid and wrong.

And once again, suicide is presented as a rational option for monsters. When it comes to humans, it's always portrayed as giving up, as a bad thing, AKF yadda yadda. But monsters? Killing yourself is completely reasonable! If you can't be ~human~ there's no point in going on!

Suicide is not a choice that deserves respect.
kribban: (Default)
I made the mistake of reading the Supernatural tag on Tumblr and the Facebook page this week. Oh boy, was that a mistake. :/

People calling Claire a bitch, a cunt, saying that she looks like a slut, that she's gained weight, that they hate the character and are praying for her to get killed. And I just don't get it.

There are many characters I've disliked over the years, in various shows and movies, and not once have I made a post or comment like that.

I know there's an easy solution; just stay away from fandom for 14 days every time Claire has an episode, but I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to. :-/

Fandom is supposed to be fun, damn it!

On to the episode!

Spoilers for Supernatural 12x16 )
kribban: (claire novak)


I made the mistake of reading the Supernatural tag on Tumblr and the Facebook page this week. Oh boy was that a mistake. :/

People calling Claire a bitch, a cunt, saying that she looks like a slut, that she's gained weight, that they hate the character and are praying for her to get killed. And I just don't get it.

There are many characters I've disliked over the years, in various shows and movies, and not once have I made a post or comment like that.

I know there's an easy solution; just stay away from fandom for 14 days every time Claire has an episode, but I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to. :-/

Fandom is supposed to be fun, damn it!

On to the episode! Read more... )
kribban: (claire novak)
I'm obsessed with watching mango worm removal videos. It's super gross, and yet, I'm compelled to watch. I'm soooo happy my kitties are indoor cats. No parasites are ever getting near them.
kribban: (Ianto woobie)
I’ve been a fangirl long enough to have seen both:

“Writing slash is misogynistic!” and

“Writing het is misogynistic!”

Before my eyes fall out of my sockets, I’m sure I’ll come across a piece of meta about how misogynistic it is to write femmeslash.

On the plus side, I have lived long enough to see the reader insert format come back into favor. Even the so dreaded Mary Sue is treated more tolerantly by today's young fans!
kribban: (claire novak)
My tits are fucking killing me. ;_;

And they're not even all that big! But big enough to wreck my life, apparently. Twice a month or so I get horrible chest and back pains, nausea, heart palpitations. I have to use industrial strength bras that lose their shape after a month.

I could try to qualify for reduction surgery, or even pay out of pocket for it, but I don't want the scars that comes with it.

Weight loss is the only solution left, but I'm actually comfortable with the rest of my body the way it is... If someone comes up with a way to just lose tit-weight, that'll be great!

*cries*

Mar. 18th, 2017 09:27 pm
kribban: (claire novak)
Grimm is the most amazing non-SPN show on the planet
kribban: (claire novak)
-I cleaned up my computer (you know, the important cleaning unlike house cleaning) and saved all my important files (like pictures, and fanfic) in Dropbox. So if the computer dies, I’m ready. :)

-I finished plotting my fic!

-Cleared my schedule for [livejournal.com profile] spnspringfling. (There’s still time to sign up!)

I have 3/4 of a bottle of wine, mozzarella, and salmon, and the latest episode of Grimm to reward myself with. Only three episodes left now. *sniffles*
kribban: (claire novak)
Today I saw that expression in the newspaper, and it made me do a double take. Remember when *all* television was linear? :D
kribban: (claire novak)
https://www.tvinsider.com/137876/grimm-series-finale-first-look-photos/

“Everything tragic that can happen will happen,” warns executive producer David Greenwalt. “The episode is bold and extremely emotional.”

HAHAHA fuck you

:D

Grimm has done an excellent job so far not overusing the "shocking character death" trope, they better not start now.

I have a creeping suspicion they're going to kill off a character in order to ~solve~ a love triangle, in which case, double fuck you. :D

Because if a woman doesn't get the guy, she might as well die?
Page generated Apr. 28th, 2017 04:13 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios